Terms & Conditions of World Corporate Golf Challenge Ireland 2023
- The organiser is: Druid Sport, 39, FITZWILLIAM PLACE, DUBLIN 2, IRELAND
- Lyons Links will assist Druid Sport in event delivery and are responsible of all registrations scoring on the day, and the implimentation of the Rules of Golf. All decisions taken on the day will be taken with due consideration to the Rules of Golf and Decisions on the rules of golf. Decisions taken on the day will be deemed final and non-negotiable.
- The event is open and applicable to all Companies with corporate opeations conducting business on the island of Ireland. Companies must have a permanent corporate office on the island of Ireland, have a minimmum of 5 paid employees resident in Ireland and were a fully registered business on December 31, 2022 to be eligible to compete.
- The Golf Club selected is Druids Glen and the event will take place on Friday September 8, 2023
- By entering this event/competition, the entrant is indicated his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Closing date for entry is 20/08/23. This date is subject to change if positions are filled at an earlier point in time.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that we do not receive for whatever reason.
HOW TO ENTER
8. Entrants must fill out the form in full provided at https://lyonslinks.com/product/world-corporate-golf-challege-ireland-2023/
9. Cancellation and Refunds: All entries are fully refundable and transferable until 5pm Irish Time, June 30 2023
RULES OF EVENT/COMPETITION & GAME OF PLAY
12. The competition is Fourball Better-ball stableford with one score to per team on each hole. The applicable handicap for the event will be three quarters of the competitors playing handicap for the course played as per WHS handicapping system.
13. All players must have an Official Golf Ireland handicap prior to registering their interest and may be asked to produce a Handicap Certificate or similar proof on the day of the competition.
14. Handicap limits do apply and are strictly 24 for Gents and 36 for Ladies.
15. Prizes will be awarded for the teams who finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd in the Nett category and 1st Gross. There is a front and back nine Nett prize
16. The 1st Nett winners will be crowned the World Corporate Golf Challenge Champions for Ireland 2023 and will represent Ireland at the World Finals at Golf Costa Adeje, Tenerife, Spain in October 2023 (dates TBC)
17. In the event of tie, prizes will be awarded on a countback as per the recommended R&A countback method which can be viewed at the following link : https://www.randa.org/rog/committee-procedures/5#5a_4
Namely, in the Event of a tie, the winners shall be decided as follows;
"If the tying players have the same score for the last round or if the competition consisted of a single round, determine the winner based on the score for the last nine holes, last six holes, last three holes and finally the 18th hole. If there is still a tie, then the last six holes, three holes and final hole of the first nine holes will be considered in turn."