Enjoy a stay at The Balmoral Edinburgh on your Lyons Links Trip
Without doubt, the most famous 5-Star Hotel in Edinburgh if not Scotland, The Balmoral is located in the heart of Edinburgh, at No 1 Princes Street, overlooking Edinburgh Castle. Not just a hotel, it is also a landmark thanks to its majestic clock tower that plays an important role in the city’s skyline. The hotel welcomes guests to warm Scottish hospitality with bespoke Balmoral tartan; Hebridean blues, heather hues and classic Scottish art; whisky ambassadors with 500 malts – The Balmoral is a love letter to Scotland. Savour 4 AA Rosette dining, French-Scottish bistro fare, award-winning afternoon tea and a serene urban spa at the city’s most majestic spot.
10 sophisticated and well-equipped event spaces which can accommodate parties of 10 to 300 guests – offer style, comfort and Rocco Forte Hotels impeccable, world-class service along with exceptional views of Edinburgh Castle, Princes Street and The Old town.
W. Hamilton Beattie and A.R. Scott won a competition to design The Balmoral – known then as The North British Station hotel – and owned by the North British Railway Company. The hotel was opened on the 15th of October 1902. The hotel closed for a major refurbishment in 1988 and re-opened as The Balmoral in 1991. Sir Rocco Forte bought The Balmoral on the 1st of March 1997.
Olga Polizzi, Director of Building & Design, Rocco Forte Hotels has fully refurbished The Balmoral. Olga Polizzi has used Scotland’s landscape as her inspiration and the carpets, paint colours and fabrics used throughout the hotel reflect the earthy colours of the moors, mists and heathers that one associates with Scotland.
The Hotel has never failed to meet and often surpass the discerning tastes of Lyons Links’ wonderful clients.